Is It Time To Redesign Your Website?
Websites typically have a shelf life of 5 years before they need a full re-design. If you are wondering if it is time for a redesign of your business’ website, consider the following:
1. Is Your Website Content Up-To-Date?
- From the time your website was first developed have you updated it at all?
- Have you added or removed services? Changed pricing?
- If you have links to external websites, have you checked those links still work?
The information you provide online should be a current and accurate representation of your business.
2. Does your Website use Flash?
Did you know that website content using Flash is not viewable by search engines and is not viewable on Mac computers or mobile devices? Adobe has recognized the deficiencies and will no longer support Flash as of December 30, 2020.
3. Is Your Website Responsive?
Responsive websites resize based on the viewer’s screen size. More than 50% of website traffic comes from mobile devices! When website users experience difficult to read text, buttons or links that are too small or hard to click on, etc., they will leave your site and move on.
4. Is Your Website Well Designed and SEO Friendly?
- Is the content of your pages structured with heading and paragraph tags?
- Do you use keywords throughout your site?
- Does your site have a long load time?
An SEO friendly website design improves your site rankings with search engines like Google. A well-designed website increases the amount of time users spend on your site and helps to funnel those users to your call-to-action such as contacting your business, filling out a form or joining your mailing list.
5. What Impression is Your Website Giving to Viewers?
- Is your website dated?
- Does your website match your branding?
- Can users easily navigate your website and find the information they need?
- How does your site compare with your competitors?
Your website is the first impression a potential client or customer has of your business. The experience users have on your website is the same experience they expect to have with you. If your website is dated, complicated to navigate, cluttered, or visually unpleasing, chances are visitors to your website are not contacting your business.
So what’s the next step? If you have read this article and are ready for a website redesign, contact Cityline Websites for a quote! We specialize in beautiful, SEO friendly websites that are responsive and up-to-date with the latest design and programming techniques.